Thursday, March 14, 2013

Shrimp Pasta with Lemon & Garlic Sauce

Well Helloooo Everybody!

It's been several days since we've connected, but, so excited to share this new flavorful and super easy recipe.  Most of us are very busy working, taking care of our homes, families and hopefully relationships in general.  This recipe I'm sharing today is what I call a "semi-homemade" creation.  Sandra Lee used to have a show on The Food Network called Semi-Homemade that I just loved. She took ingredients that you find on your grocery store shelf and combined them with her own cooking flair.  So I told myself... "Self! ;)You can make your own semi-homemade recipes occasionally to be cost efficient and make a quick meal."  My family and I just loved this recipe! I hope you all do as well. So here goes.

Shrimp Pasta with Lemon & Garlic Sauce

Ingredients

3 Boxes Pasta Roni (Garlic & Olive Oil Vermicelli)
2#'s Pre-cooked Shrimp (I use the Med to Lg that have been peeled and deveined)
4-5 large Garlic Pods (thinly sliced) (told you Beth and I love garlic)
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Kosher Salt (the only kind we use)
2 Large Lemons (sliced to squeeze)
The Zest of 1 of the Lemons
2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley (finely chopped)
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese shredded small (I use the kind in the small tub)


Now the story...

Cook the Pasta according to the directions on the box.  In a separate non-stick skillet get your butter melted and heated to medium. Put your garlic into your melted butter and saute until slightly browned. Now put your shrimp, freshly squeezed lemon, lemon zest and Kosher salt into the butter and garlic mixture.  Toss all the ingredients together until the shrimp is heated through.


Be careful not to cook for too long as your shrimp is precooked and will turn out tough.
Now plate your pasta (I put a little more lemon juice into the cooked pasta just because we really like the lemon flavor) and sprinkle your Parmesan cheese and Fresh Parsley on top.  Take your shrimp mixture and spoon over the top of each plate using some of the sauce that has been sauteing with it. 

Voila!


I really think you will all love this recipe.  Beth and I like anything that has lemon, garlic and cheese in it.  Just sayin'! ;) We also like simple and quick meals.

We've really missed connecting with everyone, but, as you all know sometimes life get's REALLY crazy busy!   Please have a wonderful and blessed week!  Try to take some time to not only have dinner and conversation with your family, but, also do a little cookin' with them too.  It's the best of memories you build with your kids, family and friends when you cook and eat with them. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment