Saturday, December 29, 2012

Grapeade Refresher

Hello Everyone!

I (Annette) thought we might start with something super easy, but, tasty today!  Sometimes the best tasting things are the easiest to make.  This particular recipe holds an extra special memory for me.  As Beth and I told you earlier we originally come from the country.  We were raised on a ranch in West Texas 20 miles from town.  As you can imagine, by not being close to town, sometimes going to the grocery store was not very convenient.  Beth and I were raised drinking primarily milk, water, tea and orange juice.  So, when this drink was presented to us all I remember was hearing my little sister (Beth) squeal. ;)  I loved that sound when it came from her.  The good kind of squeal anyway...if you get my drift. lol  Well here goes.  I hope you enjoy this drink as much as Beth and I did and still do.

Grapeade Refresher

Ingredients

1 large can Welch's grape juice
1 large can Minute Maid Pink Lemonade (both found in the frozen section of your grocery store)



You combine both cans of juice in a gallon size container.  Then add 7 1/2 cans of water.  Stir well to combine both flavors together evenly.

Voila!


What makes this such a "special" drink is you can serve it at a variety of occasions with different additional ingredients.
For instance:  I like to take some of the drink and make ice cubes with it.  You can also take some lemons slices and float on top for presentation purposes.  I'm all about presentation. ;) You can use this at home as a refreshing drink or as a special punch at any event.

Note from Beth:  You can add "sparkling something" to make it even more festive, depending on your crowd. ;)


As Beth told you previously our Daddy went to meet Jesus recently.  During the holiday season so many memories come flooding through our hearts and minds.  This recipe reminded me of our youth and of our Daddy in such a sweet way.  He was always delighted when he saw delight in us.  We pray that this upcoming year is full of many blessings for each and every one of you -- that it's filled with love, fun, laughter, and prosperity.

Love to you all! 

Always in our PJs,
Annette and Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment