Thursday, January 3, 2013

"A HOLE IN ONE"!

Hi Everyone!

Let's start this day with a simple, endearing recipe that holds so many special memories ~ "A Hole in One" ~ AKA Bulls-eye, AKA Eggs in a Basket, and I'm sure a few more I can't remember or don't know.

When Beth and I were growing up our Daddy cooked quite often.  I have never been a big breakfast eater, (especially eggs) but have always loved these.  I can see my Daddy's face now with the occasional..."How would you like a Hole in One?  I always jumped to attention!  Beth and my older sister, Karen always loved them.  My little girl Bailey also LOVES them (not typically a big eater) so much she might eat 2 or 3.  Beth always did her cute squeal when Daddy offered up the occasional breakfast treat.  Like I told you before her squeals were quite often endearing, but, sometimes not so much. LOL.

So let's get started.

All you need is:

1 egg
1 piece of bread

You will need to get your non-stick skillet heated to medium.  If you don't have a non-stick pan be sure to spray your skillet generously with Pam.

Cut a round circle out of the middle (you will want to save the circle as that's a little treat) ;).  I use a small biscuit cutter.  Place your piece of bread in the center of the pan with the circle of bread you cut out placed off to the side.  Put your cracked egg in the middle.  I always season the egg with a little salt and a small amount of pepper. Let it cook for a few minutes until you can see the egg is adhering to the bread.  You need to gently flip your egg and the small circle you have off to the side (it should be slightly browned).  Watch your egg closely and take your spatula and check it off and on until you feel the egg in soft in the middle, but, the white is slightly hardened.



Take the small circle you have reserved (that has been browning with the egg process) and put a little butter or jelly on it.  Always a special treat.

Voila!



I know this sounds so simple and it is, but, we have found that so many people have never had one.  We hope you enjoy this family favorite as much as we have over the years.  Always something endearing about the "Hole in One"!

Cooking little things like this have proven to have the fondest of memories for the people in my life.

Beth and I hope you will make many fond food memories with your families.  Food...paired with family and friends always binds people together. We hope you take opportunities to share time in the kitchen and at your table with the people you love! Hoping you all have a wonderful day!

Always in Our PJs,
Annette & Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment