Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sister Schubert's Rolls ~ Yummy Product Alert

HOWDY!
(Thought an Aggie greeting was appropriate, since Texas A&M AGGIES were the only team to beat the National Champions this season!  WHOOP!!!)

Annette and I were lucky to have had fresh, homemade bread for dinner most nights growing up.  They were also a part of every holiday meal.  Our Grandma Britton, who lived with us for quite some time, could really make rolls!  She and our mom could make awesome homemade biscuits and of course, cornbread.  I  did not appreciate that as a child, but I certainly do now!

Shout out to Grandma for being an AWESOME bread baker!!

Unfortunately, since I took it for granted, I never took the time to really learn to do it for myself.  I do remember that it was time consuming.  I remember seeing her let the dough rise in that old silver bowl.  I think there was punching involved - lol - that always looked fun.  I remember seeing her flouring the counter, and I know there's flour and yeast and stuff.  I also know there are plenty of recipes and "how to's" our there, but WHO HAS THE TIME??

I'm sure you all know there are some great frozen bread products out there.  When my dear sister, Annette, introduced me to Sister Schubert's Parker House Style Yeast Rolls, I was hooked!  I haven't used any other rolls since.

They are super yummy and couldn't be easier.  They are also small, so you feel you can eat more of them - Who's with me??  HaHa!  My son eats as many as he can get away with, so I normally have to make lots and remind him to make sure everyone gets some. :)

You find them in the freezer section and they look like this:


There are even directions for "IF YOU HAVE TIME TO THAW," and IF YOU ARE PREPARING FROM FROZEN."   Let's face it, we've all looked up and said, "Oh no, I forgot to thaw the rolls..."  If you haven't, please just let me believe we are all imperfect in the kitchen.

So, I know many if not all of you are thinking, I KNOW about Sister Schubert's rolls - DUH!  

Well have you tried her other products?  Like....
THESE??:


 Sausage Wrap Rolls AKA Pigs in a Blanket!  Same amount of easy for a quick breakfast treat! 

Or what about, WAIT for it....

THESE??:

Cinnamon Yeast Rolls!!!  I only discovered these in December and you bet I grabbed them.  It was Pigs in a Blanket and Cinnamon Rolls with our coffee on Christmas morning!  Everyone was happy - especially Annette and I, because we didn't have to slave over anything and we had yummy treats!



Each of these products take 15-20 minutes in a 350 oven if preparing when thawed.  I hope if you have not tried these products and can find them in your area, you will check them out.

Annette and I enjoy sharing the products we love in order to make your cooking and EATING experience more relaxed and enjoyable!

Always in Our PJs,
Beth & Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment